Oh Suzanna


 O SUZANNA
Traditional/Written By: Stephen Foster





I came from Alabama 
With my banjo on my knee, 
I'm going to Louisiana 
My true love for to see; 
It rained all night the day I left, 
The weather it was dry; 
The sun so hot I froze to death;
Susanna, don't you cry.



O, Susanna, O, don't you cry for me,
I've come from Alabama 
With my banjo on my knee.


I had a dream the other night 
When everything was still;
I thought I saw Susanna 
A-coming down the hill; 
The buckwheat cake was in her mouth, 
The tear was in her eye; 
Says I, I'm coming from the south, 
Susanna, don't you cry. 

O, Susanna, O, don't you cry for me, 
I've come from Alabama 
With my banjo on my knee.


I think that especially Czech children would like this one, because it's a very popular song in our counry and they would love to learn an English version of song they already know.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat